Friday, July 29, 2005

Change your bookmarks/ blogrolls/ RSS settings/ minds: New Address for U & PU

Good news! I've got my new blawg address, and it's going to be

http://unusedandunusable.powerblogs.com

So update your blogrolls/ rolodexes/ bookmarks/ etc.!

Actually, this is not likely to be the last post to unused and unusable at blogspot; this page will remain here as living archive and as a backup in case powerblogs is temporarily unavailable.

However, new posting should occur over there as soon as I work the kinks out.

Feedback on appearance and usability - there should be none, Recall the Name of the Blog - is important to me. No, I don't really mean "utility," that'd be how "useful " the blog is to you, and I expect it isn't, mostly. But I want it to be able to be used, perused, abused, and amused by and through you, the readers. It's the difference between a book being literate (2nd meaning: the quality or condition of being knowledgeable in a particular subject or field; also see learned [2nd meaning; adjective, possessing profound or systematic knowledge; erudite]) as compared to being readable, ya know?

As an aside... not that I ever have those... I think the word "erudite" is much funnier when pronounced "air-you-ditty" than the way those stuffy prescriptivists would have us do it, don't you?

To sum up: new blawg address, this one will continue to exist but not as a going concern, please change your pointers and links to H tt p colon slash slash Unused and Unusable dot Powerblogs dot Com, at least as soon as it's up and running, and lemme know what you think.

Thanks to everyone who has commented or given me feedback. It wouldn't be worthwhile - indeed, it would not happen and would be extraordinarily frustrating and meaningless if it did - without you.

Eh N.
Sole Proprietor, U & PU Pty. Ltd.
Philadelphia

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, July 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: The new site works perfectly.

 
At 3:15 PM, August 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The page cannot be displayed

 
At 3:39 PM, August 01, 2005, Blogger Joe G said...

Anonymous: I'm having sporadic problems too; try again a few minutes later.

Bizarrely, that non-solution has thus far worked for me. Powerblogs will go blank, and show me nothing no matter how I refresh, and then a few minutes later be fine.

My favorite definition of "insanity" (non-medical version):

Doing the same action expecting a different response.

Computers therefore make us all insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home