Placeholder 2: Things to write about in time
Sneak peek! Inside view! Behind the scenes! Background information! A look ahead!
Placeholder Post 2: Post topics I'll be working on in the comings weeks and months.
- adoption by homosexual, lesbian, multiple married persons. I'm in favor of families, against child abuse, and appalled by arguments over gay/lesbian/etc. parenting that fail to return to the primary rule of all child protection and custody and support law: the best interests of the child are paramount. If you want to sample my views before I articulate them, consult Loving v. Virginia (and the Massachusetts gay marriage decision, Goodridge v. Dep't. of Public Health), Lawrence and Garner v. Texas (not to be mistakenly called Lawrence v. Garner, as so many, including me, do) and two novels by Robert Heinlein: Friday, and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (containing positive depictions of group marriage and line marriage respectively).
- bad opinions, bad outcomes, bad rules. Wickard, Raich, and certain rules regarding juries, like the one barring juror testimony except about the presence of extraneous prejudicial influence on a jury.
- Scalia, of course. Megapost is in the process of slow assembly. Includes such criticism as accusations of fair-weather federalism, and fair-weather textualism
- class, power and money. taxation. property. how law is made, and for whom.
- grand unifying theories. Of what? Well, wait and see.
- stuff i'm a fan of: paradigms as meme (or memes as paradigm); topology as a concept; puns as artform; sociolinguistics in practice.
- evidence-based medicine, and why we see so little EB practice in law.
Expressions of particular interest of, or of outright antagonism toward, or utter incomprehension regarding any of these topics, or any other, will probably spur writing on said topic. So leave a comment, and have a say in what you see.